Carson suffers from a serious case of melophilia. Geeking out on her favorite music artists is her guilty pleasure.
Songs About Time
What is time? The more you think about it, the less it makes sense. Is time just an abstract mental construct? Or does it exist in the physical world? Perhaps physicists can provide a categorical answer. But for the rest of us mere mortals, time is something we miss, wish to extend, and long to have more of. If the concept of time has always mystified you, then you'll probably love listening to the following songs about time.
Now I've had the time of my life
No, I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you.
Best Songs About Time
1. “(I've Had) The Time Of My Life”
Song Artists: Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes
Song Year: 1987
If there's any song that describes that one time, that one moment where everything seems to come to a stop and you thank the heavens for making things go your way, this is it! It's one of the most romantic songs ever, and it doesn't hurt that it was used in one of the best movies of all time, Dirty Dancing.
It's times like these you learn to live again.
2. “Times Like These”
Song Artist: Foo Fighters
Song Year: 2002
This song about time comes from one of my favorite bands. Dave Grohl says that after writing this song, he felt that it was the best he's ever written. Although Foo Fighters have released plenty of massive hits since, I still think that "Times Like These" is one of their most memorable songs. It's a song about finding yourself at a crossroads but trusting yourself that you'll find the right path.
Read More From Spinditty
Please make this
Stop! Stop! Stop!
And bring back.
Song Artist: Bowling For Soup
Song Year: 2004
Now, here's a song that will bring you back. It tells the story of a girl who reminisces about her past, back in her teenage years in 1985. What makes it great is that you can relate to the lyrics easily. We've all felt like going back in time, maybe to undo certain things or choose a different road to take.
There's nothing left to say
Don't waste another day
Just you and me tonight
Everything will be okay.
4. “Do You Remember”
Song Artist: Jay Sean Featuring Sean Paul & Lil Jon
Song Year: 2009
Have you ever experienced your relationship going down south, and all you want is to hit the reset button and get things right this time? This is what this song is all about. It's inevitable for partners to drift apart at times, but if you want to make things work, you'll do anything even if it means going back to day one.
Take your time
I can wait
For all the love I know will be mine
If you take your time.
5. “Take Your Time”
Song Artist: Buddy Holly
Song Year: 1958
I don't know about you, but I think this is one of the best songs about time. The lyrics are crystal clear, and the fact that the same words are repeated over and over, they stick to you. It's a song about waiting for the love of your life, no matter how long it takes just because you know it's worth the wait.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Song Artist: Pink Floyd
Song Year: 1973
Genres: Progressive rock, Psychedelic rock
It's easy to tell someone to value their time, but you've probably been guilty of wasting it in one way or another. This song reminds us that time can slip by so fast that we may not even notice it. Roger Waters came up with the song after experiencing it for himself, realizing that he wasn't using his time to do anything of value—and he was only 28 at the time.
It's something unpredictable,
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life.
7. “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)”
Song Artist: Green Day
Song Year: 1997
Long distance relationships are never easy. Billie Joe Armstrong knows this all too well, as he used his own experience to write the lyrics of this song. He wrote the song after his ex-girlfriend moved to Ecuador. He tried to accept it for what it is—and that's just how life goes. Things don't work in your favor all the time, but you must learn to move instead of getting stuck in the past.
If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
8. “If Today Was Your Last Day”
Song Artist: Nickelback
Song Year: 2008
While Nickelback has been criticized heavily over the years, they have quite a few songs that remain relevant. This is one of them, a song about time, making the most of it, and never giving up until you find that one special person you'll love forever.
And I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud.
9. “Time of My Life”
Song Artist: David Cook
Song Year: 2008
David Cook gave us one of the most memorable performances in Idol when he sang "Time of My Life." In many ways, it was the perfect winning song for him. The song is about someone who held onto the past for a long time, but has now learned to let go, find his wings, and grab the moment.
If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting
Time after time
10. “Time After Time”
Song Artist: Cyndi Lauper
Song Year: 1983
Genres: Soft Rock
Ask somebody to give you a song about time and there's a good chance they'll sing this song for you. That's a testament to this song's incredible popularity, and that can be attributed to Cyndi Lauper's unparalleled delivery of the song's message. "Time After Time" tells the story of a failed relationship. Throughout the song, the singer mentions how she'll still be there for the guy, time after time.
In case you're wondering, however, Cyndi Lauper herself said that the title was inspired by a 1979 sci-fi film of the same name. And as for the lyrics, she came up with the words while playing the piano, finishing the chorus first before finalizing the verses.
More Songs About Time
11. “100 Years” by Five for Fighting
12. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
13. “See you Again” by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth
14. “All This Time” by Sting
15. “Haven’t Got Time For the Pain” by Carly Simon
16. “Let the Good TImes Roll” by BB King
17. “Times of Your Life” by Paul Anka
18. “Remember the Time” by Michael Jackson
19. “Time is on my Side” by The Rolling Stones
20. “When I’m Sixty-Four” by The Beatles
21. “It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons
22. “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles
23. “Time” by Hans Zimmer
24. “Photograph” by Nickelback
25. “Time of the Season” by The Zombies
26. “Does Anybody Really Know What Time it is” by Chicago
27. “Time Has Come Today” by Chambers Brothers
28. “Time Passages” by Al Stewart
29. “One More TIme” by Daft Punk
30. “Always on Time” by Ja Rule
31. “Time is Running Out” by Muse
32. “Glory Days” by Bruce Springsteen
33. “Caught Somewhere in Time” by Iron Maiden
34. “No TIme” by The Guess Who
35. “Your Time is Gonna Come” by Led Zeppelin
36. “Better in Time” by Leona Lewis
37. “Take Your Time” by Sam Hunt
38. “TIme in a Bottle” by Jim Croce
39. “Too Much Time on my Hands” by Styx
40. “Out of Time” by The Rolling Stones
41. “Child in Time” by Deep Purple
42. “Time Waits for no one” by The Rolling Stones
43. “When I’m 64” by The Beatles
44. “Remember When” by Alan Jackson
45. “Live Like You Were Dying” by Tim McGraw
46. “Time to Move On” by Tom Petty
47. “Wasted Time” by Eagles
48. “3 a.m.” by Eminem
49. “Time (Clock of the Heart)” by Culture Club
50. “Time for me to fly” by REO Speedwagon
51. “One Last Time” by Ariana Grande
52. “It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons
Liz Westwood from UK on April 14, 2020:
I guess in lockdown time is on our minds a little. You have made a good playlist.
Ivana Divac from Serbia on April 14, 2020:
This is a great article. I love your list!