10 Inspirational Songs About Letting Go and Moving Forward
Letting go of anger, resentment, fear, and disappointment can hurt. Cruel people, a bad relationship, sorrow, and loss can all be difficult and painful. Nevertheless, it is necessary to feel these pains in order to move forward and into a fulfilling and abundant life. We must learn lessons from our pain in order to see and experience better things in our present and future. These songs will inspire you to move in that direction and believe in new beginnings and fresh starts.
Inspirational Songs About Letting Go
- "I'm Moving On" by Rascal Flatts
- "Miracle of the Moment" by Curtis Chapman
- "No Looking Back" by Damita Haddon
- "Walking Away" by Unspoken
- "Start Over Again" by Addison Road
- "New Beginnings" by Ayeisha Woods
- "Press On" by Mandisa
- "Let It Go" by Tim McGraw
- "Suitcases" by Dara Maclean
- "Welcome to Daylight" by Luminate
1. "I'm Moving On" by Rascal Flatts
Album: Rascal Flatts
Release Date: October 8, 2001
Country group Rascal Flatts recorded this inspiring song below, "I'm Movin' On" in their self-titled debut album. The song was written by Phillip White and D. Vincent Williams.
Interesting Facts About Rascal Flatts:
- Lead vocalist Gary LeVox did not want guitar player Joe Don Rooney to play with the band originally.
- Jay DeMarcus co-produced rock band Chicago's 'Chicago XXX' album.
- The band has made appearances on television show like 'Hannah Montana,' 'Yes, Dear' and 'CSI.'
I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean no harm but it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on
2. "Miracle of the Moment" by Curtis Chapman
Album: This Moment
Release Date: 2007
Contemporary music artist, Steven Curtis Chapman wrote and sang this song, "Miracle of the Moment." It is on his album, This Moment. Here are some of the lyrics.
Interesting Facts About Curtis Chapman:
- Born in in Paducah, Kentucky, on November 21, 1962.
- HIs albums have featured several No. 1 singles and were awarded several GMA Awards.
- For the Sake of the Call gave Chapman his first Grammy in the Best Pop Gospel Album category.
It's time for letting go
All of our if only's
'Cause we don't have a time machine, And even if we did
Would we really want to use it
Would we really want to go change everything' Cause we are who and where
And what we are for now
And this is the only moment
We can do anything about
So breathe it in and breathe it out
And listen to your heartbeatThere's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment
3. "No Looking Back" by Damita Haddon
Album: No Looking Back
Release Date: 2008
Gospel Singer Damita Haddon sings a powerful moving song, "No Looking Back." This is from her album No Looking Back. Here are some of the lyrics
Interesting Facts About Damita Haddon:
- At age 11, he gave his first sermon at his father’s church.
- Haddon’s first album Lost & Found was No.1 on Billboard’s Top Gospel Charts.
- He was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan.
I am leaving this place now,
letting go of all my fears, saying good-bye to the memory I hold dear
I can finally breath again,
its a new day fair well past, as I close this chapter I set free at last
I made up my mind-there's no turning back-the past is
behind me-there's no looking back-I'm looking forward
not behind- I've made a decision- I give you my life
Every step I take is new,
I found courage to go on, though its rough sometime
I still have to be strong
I may have to walk alone,
but the One who live inside, me is always there to comfort and to guide
4. "Walking Away" by Unspoken
Release Date: 2014
The song "Walking Away" is from the contemporary group Unspoken. This is from their album The World is Waking.
Interesting Facts About Unspoken:
- Their debut single "Who You Are" has charted on numerous Christian song charts, and was the only song from the band's debut EP Get to Me to be featured on their first full-length album.
- They have had four straight Top 5 AC singles in their career including “Who You Are,” “Lift My Life Up,” “Start A Fire,” and “Good Fight,” with “Start A Fire” reaching No. 1; the song "Lift My Life Up" was also included on the 2015 WOW Hits Release.
Everything I ever wanted
It was there within my reach
I spent all I had to get it
And found it wasn't what I need
I'm walking away from the trouble
Walking away on the double
Cutting the ties, leaving behind the old life
I'm walking into a brighter light
Finding it all in You this time
I'm crossing the line, fixing my eyes on paradise
I'm walking away
5. "Start Over Again" by Addison Road
Album: Addison Road
Release Date: 2008
The song "Start Over Again" was sung from Christian pop group, Addison Road, who are from Texas.
Interesting Facts About Addison Road:
- "All That Matters" and "Sticking With You" were the ninth and fifteenth most-played songs on R&R magazine's Christian CHR chart for 2008.
- After being an independent band for six years, Addison Road signed onto INO Records in August 2007.
- Addison Road disbanded in 2012.
Open up your eyes
Love like a hand reaches down
And pulls us up from the dirty ground
Now is the time
To step from the dark into the light
Cause you can't change what you've done
But you can choose who you'll become
6. "New Beginnings" by Ayeisha Woods
Album: Love Like This
Release Date: 2008
Gospel artist Ayeisha Woods sings with enthusiasm and purpose in her song, "New Beginnings." It is taken from her album Love Like This.
Interesting Facts About Ayeisha Woods:
- She was a judge at the Christian Women in Media Association National Music Showcase in 2013.
- Her grandfather was a professional musician.
- "Introducing Ayiesha Woods", which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album. She was nominated for a Dove Award for New Artist of the Year in 2007.
'Cause I believe in new beginnings,
no matter what they say Yesterday is over,
it's over And though tomorrow can't be promised
Today's a brand new day, love lasts forever,
forever I believe, I believe, I believe
in new beginnings I know you've been hurt before
and you don't wanna try no more Said you already
closed the door to that part of your heart
But you can love again, in time your heart will mend
Before it's all over you'll be doing fine
7. "Press On" by Mandisa
Album: War Room (Music from and Inspired by the Original Motion Picture)
Release Date: 2015
Contemporary gospel artist Mandisa, sings "Press On" to help in the moving forward process in spite of what is taking place presently. This is taken from her album Overcomer.
Interesting Facts About Mandisa:
- She released her debut album, True Beauty, in 2007.
- She was raised in Citrus Heights, California.
- She studied vocal jazz at the American River College in Sacramento before attending Fisk for music as well.
When I’m alone, when I’m afraid
When I have had all I can take
Losing my grip, I start to slip away
When I can hear the voice of doubt
Inside my head, screaming loud
Strengthen my faith, and help me say today
TodayI will follow, I will press on
Even when the walk feels long
Your hands hold me together
Your love is with me forever
Through the broken, through the victory
I will praise You through it all
And run hard ‘til the race is done
I, I’m gonna press on, press on
I’m gonna press on, press on
8. "Let It Go" by Tim McGraw
Album: Let It Go
Release Date: March 27, 2007
Country singer and songwriter Tim McGraw sang this wonderful song, "Let it Go." It is from his album Let it Go.
Interesting Facts About Tim McGraw:
- Samuel Timothy McGraw was born in Delhi, Louisiana.
- From the time of his mother's marriage until the time he met his biological father, his last name was Smith.
- He was a member of the FFA.
I've been caught sideways out here on the crossroads
Trying to buy back the pieces I lost of my soul
It's hard when the devil won't get off your back
It's like carrying around the past in a hundred pound sack
9. "Suitcases" by Dara Maclean
Album: You Got My Attention
Release Date: 2011
Contemporary singer Dara Maclean sings this wonderful song "Suitcases" to help you move forward. It is from her album, You Got My Attention.
Interesting Facts About Dara Maclean:
- She became engaged to Donnie Petty in January 2013 and they married later that year. She also has an older sister named Nicole.
- She covered the song "Hallelujah" with Kari Jobe in 2012.
- She first became involved in her church's choir and worship services at age eight.
How can you move when they're weighing you down
What can you do when you're tied to the ground, yeah
You carry your burdens, heavy like gravity
Just let them go now, there's freedom in release
You can't run when you're holding suitcases
It's a new day throw away your mistakes and open up your heart
Lay down your guard, you don't have to be afraid
Just breathe, your load can be lifted
There's a better way when you know you're forgiven
Open up your heart, lay down your guard
You don't have to be afraid
10. "Welcome to Daylight" by Luminate
Album: Welcome to Daylight
Release Date: August 28, 2012
This song "Welcome to Daylight" is sung by the contemporary group Luminate. It is from the album, Welcome to Daylight, that also has other great songs in it.
Welcome to daylight
Open your eyes for the very first time
Look in the mirror
See yourself through Heaven's eyes
Look beyond the old you
Everything you held to
Oh, you don't need it anymore
Welcome to daylight, open your eyes
When the light breaks out like a midnight sun
Blazing right in front of you
Life is here and now and it's just begun
Your destiny is breaking through
Inspirational Christian and Country Albums
October 29, 2002
January 25, 2011
"You Got My Attention"
July 12, 2011
"Not a Moment Too Soon"
March 22, 1994
October 20, 2009
"Love Like This"
September 9, 2008
"Introducing Ayiesha Woods"
June 6, 2006
Quotes About Letting Go and Moving Forward
"There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life." —Unknown Author
"Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves, and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress." —Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go
"Let go of the things that can no longer be fixed. If you try to force them back together, things will only worse. Holding on is being brave, but moving on is what makes us stronger." —Unknown
"There comes a time when you have to stop remembering your mistakes and move on. No regrets in life, just lessons." —Unknown
"Letting go doesn’t mean giving up. But rather, it means accepting that there are things that cannot be." —Unknown
"Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head." —Ann Landers
"You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won't happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.'" —Joel Osteen
“Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” —Mary Morrissey
Which Song do you Like the Most?
- Best Inspirational, Encouraging Songs to Understand ...
This Hub offers songs of encouragement for everyone, those who need some uplifting messages in music, need to feel better about themselves and understand the great purpose they were meant to live.
- Inspirational Movies Based on the Loss of a Loved On...
If you know someone who have loss friends, spouse, child, job, etc, here are some movies to comfort them that tell of people's stories of loss and how they gain strength to enjoy life once again.
- Inspirational Songs of Comfort to Move Through the L...
If you have lost someone you love through an illness, accident, miscarriage, or any other unfortunate event, here are some songs to help through their death and the grieving process.
- 13 Encouraging Songs on Moving On and How to Just Le...
To move on a person must learn the art of letting go. This can be letting go of pain, fear, loss, hurt, people, the past. These inspiring songs from amazing music artist can help us to move on.
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Janellegems