I have many interests and an inability to make up my mind about which one to focus on. That's how I came up with my name: ControlledChaos1.
Cool Rapper Names to Take the Music World by Storm
While cleaning, I came across a list of rap names that I came up with when I was younger. The song that convinced me my future was in rap was "Bust a Move" by Young MC. The thing is, I was around nine years old when I made this decision, and within a few months, I had decided upon another career direction. The list brought back good memories, as I would dance and rap like a wild man while providing my family with plenty of entertainment. That list was the inspiration for this article, and those names that took me a week to come up with are mixed in with all the others found below.
A cool rapper name can make a big difference in getting your stuff noticed more often, especially if you've got the rest of your game up to par. While I am far from an expert on the rap game, I have listened to a fair amount of the music throughout my life. I've tried to make a list of cool hip-hop and rapper names that anyone can use, or at the very least, use as a jumping off point for coming up with one. I hope you find it useful in some way; thanks for giving it a look-see.
Old Town Road by Lil Nas X
I was completely knocked off my feet the first time I heard this rap song, but seeing the video that went along with the song made me smile all the more. There aren't many rap songs that are fun and make you smile; this is definitely one of them. Kudos to Lil Nas X and the people behind this one... great job.
Cool Rapper Names for Girls
Pale Blue Princess (PBP)
Roller Coaster Love
Just Another Day by Queen Latifah
Cool Rapper Names for Guys
Boss of the Plains
Pale Blue Prince (PBP)
Zilla (short for Godzilla)
Wish for Lemon
Mister Good Night
Tibbs & Callahan
Law Down Low
Skin in the Game
Little Devil Kid
Damn right I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive.
— Notorious B.I.G.
Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
Read More From Spinditty
Add Your Name Before or After a Cool Word to Get a Cool Rapper Name
Hot Head Harry
Without Me by Eminem
Marshall Mathers came up with his rap nickname from the first two letters of his real name (M & M). He does use another alter ego (Slim Shady) at times to represent a more gritty side to his personality. If you're really well known, you might be able to pull this off, but there is always a risk that some fans may be confused if you have more than one name (real name and rapper nickname). With that being said, it's not that bad of an idea to keep your real name contained to your personal life and your stage rap name to the public at large.
Another List of Cool Rapper Names
Bad Man Dan
Cover Girl Claire
Leprechaun in Blue
Lucky Charms for All
Old School Blue
Smells Like Food
Tips For Coming Up With a Cool Rapper Name
- Capitalizing words that are not supposed to be capitalized will give you a really unique look that is very different from an ordinary name. Doing this can also make your name stand out more and trademarking it a little bit easier, as it won't likely be the same as others.
- Using your real name is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you don't have to keep your two lives separate and it's easier to relate to fans. On the other hand, it is much easier to find out about every facet of your life, including your family and friends. It will all come down to how comfortable you are (if you get to become really famous) with no longer having a private life.
- Long rap names can be interesting and unique, but just be aware that your fans may shorten it for you in ways you may or may not like. This isn't necessarily done for nefarious purposes, but to make it easier for people to talk or write about you without saying or writing a really long name. It's a risk, so think about it carefully.
Hip-hop is what makes the world go around.
— Snoop Dogg
A Good Way to Come Up With A Cool Hip Hop or Rapper Name
You can come up with some really cool rapper names by taking the first name and the last name from two different people. The people you choose should probably be someone that you have some kind of connection or admiration for, so you'll at least have a good story to tell when someone asks, "How did you choose your rapper name?".
- Enoch Deane (after Enoch Crosby and Silas Deane / American spies)
- Lynch Ripley (after Becky Lynch and Rhea Ripley / WWE Wrestlers)
- Maitland Slim (after Tracy Maitland and Carlos Slim / Business Owners)
- Warhol Hendrix (after Andy Warhol the painter and Jimi Hendrix the musician)
It Was A Good Day by Ice Cube
Some Famous Rappers Everyone Already Knows
Big Daddy Kane
Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes
Lil Nas X
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Don