Maknae is the equivalent term of being the youngest member, which is popularly known in the K-Pop world. In many boy groups, maknaes are precious for the hyungs because they are like the baby of the family. They are usually seen as the cutest and the most childish of the group and the one that receives the most love from the hyungs. But sometimes, the maknaes are not only playful but are also caring, matured, understanding, and lovable as well. These talented, handsome, and adorable maknaes are the pride of each group. In this list, let's meet the youngest member of each K-Pop boy groups, and learn some fun facts about them.
15. Zelo (B.A.P)
A cute and innocent-looking boy from B.A.P is the maknae with an incredible talent in rap and dance. His name is Zelo, the "English-speaking maknae".
- Zelo's real name is Choi Jun-hong.
- Born on October 15, 1996 (age 20)
- He is the lead rapper and lead dancer of B.A.P
- His stage name “Zelo” comes from the Greek and Roman God Mythology “Zelus”, the god of rivalry.
- He can speak English fluently, and he sounds so good and irresistibly cute!
- He also revealed that he likes a girl who can speak English. (Way to go, international fans!)
- Though he's probably younger than them, he wants his fans to call him "oppa".
- He talks in his sleep and sometimes the members answer to him in their sleep.
- Among the B.A.P members, baby Zelo is the tallest.
14. Ren (Nu'est)
Besides being the youngest, the most incredible thing about Ren is the fact that he is more beautiful than most women in the world. No doubt, he is the "Beautiful Maknae" from Nu'est.
- Ren's real name is Choi Min-ki.
- Born on November 3, 1995 (age 21)
- He is the most charming, most attractive, and most beautiful in the group. He is also the member with the strongest cute charms.
- Because of his pretty face, it's hard to believe that he is not a real girl when he do gender-bending.
- He doesn’t see himself so “effeminate” as some people says.
- Apart from being naturally beautiful, Ren is also talented in playing piano.
- When he can’t sleep, he asks Baekho to hug him. (Awww, sweet!)
13. Gongchan (B1A4)
Maknaes may be the "baby" of the group, but sometimes, they are more matured than we think, just like Gongchan. He is the "Matured Maknae" of B1A4 who likes taking care of his hyungs.
- Gongchan's real name is Gong Chan-sik.
- Born on August 14, 1993 (age 23)
- Even though he is the youngest member of the group, he has a mature side due to being the oldest sibling of his family, so he takes good care of his hyungs despite his age.
- Among all the members, he is the best in Math.
- He was madly jealous when he found out that his Sandeul hyung went out to an amusement park with BTS' Jin. He was so jealous at that time, so he threatened Sandeul that he will erase all of their memories. (Awww! After all, he is still a cute and childish maknae!)
12. Hyuk (VIXX)
Even before his debut as an idol, Hyuk's high school days was warmly cheerful and fun because he is a hard fan of boy group U-Kiss. He is seen clapping and cheering for the band as he watches them from afar. From being a fan to being a star, he is now the "incredible maknae" of VIXX.
- Hyuk's real name is Han Sang-hyuk.
- Born on July 5, 1995 (age 21)
- His hyungs are so fond of his cute charms, that's why they gave him many nicknames: Hyukkie, Hyukawaii, Manhyuk, Jungle Baby, Hyogi
- Most of his fans say he looks like Seungri of Big Bang.
- Apart from the group's activities, Hyuk has also made his debut in the big screen. In 2016, he was casted in a comedy-action film, Chasing, as Han Won-tae.
11. Dino (Seventeen)
He just graduated from high school, but to other Seventeen members, he will always be their "baby maknae". Dino, whose hyungs never wanted him to graduate from being the most adorable boy of the group, is now an official adult!
- Dino's real name is Lee Jung-chan.
- Born on February 11, 1999 (age 18)
- He is the main dancer of the group. He inherited his talent in dancing from his parents, who are originally dancers. His father opened up a dance class for him.
- He made the choreography for their song "Jam Jam".
- Besides being the main dancer, he is also the lead rapper of the group.
- On February 2, 2017, he graduated in high school at Seoul School of Performing Arts.
10. Sungjae (BTOB)
Whether it's singing, dancing, acting, or even hosting, there's nothing he can't do. The "Talented Maknae" of BTOB is none other than the handsome idol, Sungjae.
- Sungjae's full name is Yook Sung-jae.
- Born on May 2, 1995 (age 21)
- Not only popular as an idol, but Sungjae is also popular as an actor.
- He starred in many successful K-dramas, including Plus Nine Boys (2014), Who Are You: School 2015 (2015), The Village: Achiara's Secret (2015) and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016). He received several awards and nominations for his performance in School 2015.
- He likes snowboarding and shopping.
- He wants Kim So-hyun and Joy (Red Velvet) to be his younger sisters.
- He first met V from BTS at the toilet, and since then, they became good friends.
9. Sanha (Astro)
Because of his cute, innocent, pure, and squishy image, Astro's maknae, Sanha, is also known as the adorable puppy "Beagle maknae".
- Sanha's full name is Yoon San-ha.
- Born on March 21, 2000 (age 17)
- He's good in playing the guitar.
- He also has a very flexible body. He can even fit himself in a bag or in a cupboard!
- He is allergic to seafood and he can't drink coffee.
- He and Minhyuk are revealed to be big eaters.
- He had his first kiss with Yejin (iTeenGirls) in Fantagio’s WebDrama, To Be Continued.
8. Kyuhyun (Super Junior)
Since 2006, he has successfully proven himself talented in singing. The maknae of Super Junior is now about to reach his 30s, but still looking fresh and handsome! He's the "Evil Maknae" of SuJu - Kyuhyun.
- Kyuhyun's real name is Cho Kyu-hyun.
- Born on February 3, 1988 (age 29)
- He is the main vocalist of the group. His voice is incredibly powerful and amazing, and he can hit high notes without taking it too hard. He is also one of the best vocalists in the K-Pop world.
- He is very good at playing the clarinet. He can also play the piano.
- Because of his clever personality that causes headaches to his hyungs, he gained the nickname "Evil Maknae".
- On April 19 2007, Kyuhyun was in an car accident. He was left in shock and it is said that he was mute for awhile.
7. I.M (Monsta X)
At a young age, I.M had a great adventure of the world and has explored many things in life. He is the "explorer maknae" of Monsta X and the one that speaks English in a fluently sexy way.
- I.M's real name is Lim Chang-kyun.
- Born on January 26, 1996 (age 21)
- He stayed for 3 years in Boston and 4 years in Israel.
- During his childhood days, he used to live in abroad for a long time because his father was a scientist, and he needs to travel around the world.
- As someone who had a tour of the world, I.M is fluent in English.
- His role model in life is his father, whom he respects so much.
- Influenced by his father, he once wished to pursue science and education.
6. Sungjong (INFINITE)
With his great sense of fashion and diva-like style, the maknae of Infinite, Sungjong, is also known as the great "Maknae-nim".
- Sungjong's full name is Lee Sung-jong.
- Born on September 3, 1993 (age 23)
- He is a wonderful man who is actually photogenic and shines like a star, that's why his members call him several nicknames that best suits him: Maknae, Maknae-nim, Diva, Beautiful Man, and Jjong.
- He is left-handed.
- Among the Infinite members he is the best at girl group dances.
- He revealed that it's his eyes which body part is he most confident with.
5. Seungri (Big Bang)
Over the years, his success, fame, and popularity is a proof of Seungri's deserving recognition to his performances with Big Bang. Last year, he gave an encouraging shout out to the other maknaes, (which made Jungkook of BTS proudly raising his hand) and since then, he is seen as the "Most Adorable Maknae" in the K-Pop history.
- Seungri's real name is Lee Seung-hyun.
- Born on December 12, 1990 (age 26)
- He is known for his blunt attitude and his over confidence, especially in dancing. He choreographed numerous Big Bang dances.
- Seungri was originally eliminated from Big Bang, but because he didn‘t want to face his friend and family after failing, he went back to YG and competed against Hyunsung (BEAST).
- When Seungri goes places like restaurants or clubs with others he always pays the bills.
4. Taemin (SHINee)
Wit his talent in dancing and singing, Shinee must be so proud to have Taemin as their maknae. They even call him "Dancing Machine" because he's just too good in dancing!
- Taemin's full name is Lee Tae-min.
- Born on July 18,1993 (age 23)
- His nicknames are Handy Boy Taemin, Maknae Taemin, Tae, Taem, Dancing Machine, Taeminnie.
- He’s considered the best dancer out of the group.
- Great dancers make can make great friends with each other, and Taemin proved it because he is close friends with Kai (EXO).
- His hobbies are listening to music, dancing and playing the piano.
3. Yugyeom (GOT7)
He might be so sexy, hot, and charismatic on stage, but when he's with the hyungs, Yugyeom will always be the kind-hearted, cute, and adorable boy of Got7.
- Yugyeom's full name is Kim Yu-gyeom.
- Born on November 17, 1997 (age 19)
- He has a talent for street dancing, krumping, house dance, and popping.
- Upon first sight, you can hardly believe that he's the maknae because of his mature physique.
- He is also the tallest member of Got7.
- He says that he likes to check out the pictures that his fans take of him. He’ll save the pictures that look good. He’s very grateful to his fans for them.
2. Sehun (EXO)
EXO must be so blessed to have Sehun as their maknae, because he's got almost everything - the handsome face which shines like a prince day and night, and the talent he have in dancing. The "Handsome Maknae" of EXO is also known for his sunshine-like, fairly-white skin!
- Sehun's full name is Oh Se-hun.
- Born on April 12, 1994 (age 23)
- He is the visual of EXO-K, and is also a former ulzzang.
- He is a shy and mischievous person, but is also sincere, considerate, and becomes more lively as you get to know him.
- He is a big Miranda Kerr (Victoria Secret model) fanboy. He followed her immediately after creating his Instagram account and was super happy when she followed him back.
- He says that Suho is the most perfect older brother to him. Suho’s always taking care of him.
- F(x)’s Amber says that Sehun is her ideal type because he has matured from a young boy into a very mature, manly man.
1. Jungkook (BTS)
Out of all the many maknaes in K-Pop, the one that really stands out is the young, handsome, and talented Jungkook of BTS. He is popularly known as the "Golden Maknae" because he can save his hyungs whenever they need help. But take note, he's probably younger than you so never ever call him "oppa" or else, he will get mad!
- Jungkook's real name is Jeon Jeong-guk.
- Born on September 1, 1997 (age 19)
- He attended Seoul Performing Arts High School and he graduated in February 2017.
- His hyungs gave him many nicknames, which includes Jeon Jungkookie (Suga calls him a lot), Golden Maknae, and Kookie.
- His role model in K-Pop is G-Dragon (BigBang).
- When asked if who among the BTS members is the most similar to him, he answered: "V Hyung. He’s random, our comedic cords match well, and I think our personalities are similar."
- Rap Monster said that although he wants to seem manly, Jungkook is actually a cutie.
- His singing voice sounds so heavenly, like an angel (check out his cover of We Don't Talk Anymore)
Questions & Answers
Question: What about Taehyung and Jimin?
Answer: Taehyung and Jimin are handsome K-pop icons too, but they are not the youngest members of BTS. Jungkook is the maknae of BTS.
Question: Who are the Kpop stars that died in 2018?
Answer: Seo Min-woo (Leader of boy band, 100%)
Tany (Rookie solo singer)
Question: What is V's real name?
Answer: V's real name is Kim Tae-Hyung. He chose the stage name "V" upon joining BTS.
Question: Who is the maknae of Stray Kids?
Answer: Jeongin, whose stage name is I.N, is the youngest member of Stray Kids. He was born on February 8, 2001.
Question: Who is the youngest member of NCT?
Answer: The youngest member of NCT is Jisung. He was born on February 5, 2002. Lucas Wong was born on January 25, 1999, which means Lucas is 3 years older than Jisung.
Question: Where is V and Jimin on this list?
Answer: Since the youngest member of BTS is Jungkook, I only included him in the list. Jungkook was born on September 1, 1997, while V on December 30, 1995, and Jimin on October 13, 1995. V and Jimin are almost 2 years older than Jungkook.
Question: Is Huening Kai the youngest member of TXT?
Answer: Yes, Huening Kai is the maknae, born on August 14, 2002. He is also the vocalist, dancer, rapper and visual of TXT.
Question: Who is the maknae in IZ*ONE?
Answer: Wonyoung is the maknae of IZ*ONE. She was born on August 31, 2004. When IZ*ONE debuted in Korea on October 29, 2018, Wonyoung is only 14 years old. She is one of the youngest trainees of Produce48, but she very talented. Now, Wonyoung is the lead dancer, vocalist, rapper, and center of the group.
© 2017 Mare-sensei
lay Zhang on September 07, 2020:
Kookie Kookie Jungkookie on September 03, 2020:
I LOVE YOU MY JUNGKOOKIE!!!!!!!!!
Jungkook i love you on August 31, 2020:
Jungkook!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!
email@example.com on August 17, 2020:
To BlackPink x Bts on July 17, 2020:
If you’re gonna hate and be like that atleast check your grammar and you shouldn’t hate bin people just because the don’t like BTS like tf your just one of those toxic fans and it’s because of fans like you why people don’t like BTS
ElBel on June 08, 2020:
Gabrielle Phillips on June 07, 2020:
Where is Jeongin???? He is the cutest maknae ever❤️❤️❤️❤️
Joshua on May 25, 2020:
I'm not sure Seungri should still be included in this list. He's retired, among other things. Instead I'd probably add Jisung(NCT) and Jongho(ATEEZ), who are both insanely talented.
But, of course, the Golden Maknae belongs in the top spot.
Sanjana BTS Jungkook on May 17, 2020:
My kooki, all time favorite jungkook
Blackpink x Bts on May 06, 2020:
Hey Sanha, NTC??? NTC is not good because jungkook is the best also I’am a bts army so I will do anything just for jungkook and other bts member because they make me happy when I feel sad also I don9t care is you hate them because I don’t I wish you read this comment because also who like jungkook the best you guys are the best too and if you hate bts then I hate you too because they make songs to make people happy you know what they do make people happy and all of you that hated bts then you guys are blind because you don’t know what you are doing and you are the worst person in my life right now also I like to go to bts concert but I can’t b3cause some people come there and tell people that they hate bts but bts is very nice also bts is the best thing that might come and help you even though that people keep going to them and saying that they hate them but if something happened to you and one of bts member helped you or maybe all of them helped will you be happy?
sanha, NCT??? on February 06, 2020:
Um... excuse me... where's Park Jisung from NCT?
Nelly sweetie on December 27, 2019:
Let them keep it up
Teamin on December 14, 2019:
IELEANA DCROZ on December 05, 2019:
Love you sanha. You are so cute.
jungkook on November 21, 2019:
i love jungkook he s such a cutie pie i love him
djvu2006 on November 20, 2019:
bts jungkook got most of the vote(exactly what i expected)
And baby he has the most sexy abs i have ever seen
Sofiada1st on July 20, 2019:
I am honestly not surprised at how easily Jungkook won votes.
Maknae.Lovers~ on July 01, 2019:
I love JUNGKOOK!!!
Lemons on June 29, 2019:
Jungkook my bias
chogiwaproductions on June 22, 2019:
Sehunnie! Precious maknae!
Staystraykids on June 21, 2019:
Where is Jeongin??!! HE’S THE CUTEST!
Sarah on June 09, 2019:
wouldulikesometaeandakookie? on May 28, 2019:
me: scrolls thru welp guess they dont know bts
also me: finnaly gets to bottom screaches wakes everybody up
Marwa on May 27, 2019:
I love jeon jungkook
dlakfj;lesf on May 18, 2019:
Chanwoo?? iKON?? ikonics :(
Liya on May 16, 2019:
I lovvvveee jeon jungkook!!!!
Jessica on April 14, 2019:
I LOVE Jeon Jungkook so so so so much that I watch him every day on youtube
Mya on April 11, 2019:
Love you all,especially,Jungkook.
sofia on April 01, 2019:
OMG, who else LIVES for BTS Jungkook and doesn't care the age
rachelle rose on March 30, 2019:
I love jungkook, he's most handsome to me and he's also very sweet other menbers,however he's the most gentleman ever..
Caca on March 27, 2019:
Where is Chanwoo iKON
Shakeara on March 17, 2019:
I love Junkook so much, although he calls himself manly he is actually a real cutie.(BTS is my world!)❤
Ashley rose ( Army of bts ) on March 11, 2019:
Hey i love u Jungkookie you are so cuteeee
Kookie_08 on February 28, 2019:
Yiiee!! I love you jungkookie oppa!!♡♡♡ but Sanha is also my favorite maknae♡
Ragghavi on February 25, 2019:
Out of all maknaes, Jungkook and yugyeom are revealed to be best friends and also they are the adorable maknaes of K-POP, our yugyeom and jungkookie!
Bts lovers on February 19, 2019:
Sarangaeo kookie oppa....yes i m younger than him
fertuna on February 14, 2019:
to be honest all of them are the best maknaes...(to me)
MomsPerfectAccident on January 29, 2019:
Manal on January 15, 2019:
What about jisung, he is the youngest member in NCT
Mila on January 12, 2019:
Sanha!! Love you and Astro can't wait for your comeback!!
Rania on January 09, 2019:
Bts Fan❤ on January 04, 2019:
We Purple you Our Golden Maknae❤
Soyoung on December 31, 2018:
“I...you.....jungkook oppa...I love you” *Does heart in Korea*
Dodo 97 on December 18, 2018:
Ohh my kookei ❤
letecia palafox on December 17, 2018:
I would've chosen Dino but yugyeom is my most favorite.
Bunny on December 14, 2018:
Kookie on December 12, 2018:
tbh there are more comments talking bout how armys are rude, and stuff because they said something like "thaats why BTS is first" or something, than them actually saying that. relax, all kpop groups are great!!!
Elsa on November 23, 2018:
Bts on November 17, 2018:
Jungkook is the best maknae
Kim on November 12, 2018:
My bunny kookie is the best
ＣＨＡＮＷＯＯ ＭＹ ＥＶＥＲＹＴＨＩＮＧ on November 10, 2018:
mary jaime sotelliza on November 09, 2018:
JUNGKOOK MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SARANGHAE
Jung Janaawe on November 08, 2018:
b-but, what about Haechan?
Akira on November 06, 2018:
What about Chanwoo from iKON?
Mrs.Jhope on November 02, 2018:
Of course, The GOLDEN Maknae Strikes again !!! He's not my bias but he is my Bias Wrecker.
jungkook on October 30, 2018:
i love you oppa
Namirah on October 22, 2018:
Emani on October 16, 2018:
are they any kpop idols that died in 2018
97kookJKbts on October 15, 2018:
yas!!! Jungkook is the best maknae, he grew so much... now hes a very handsome, loving, beautiful, adorable, funny, and kind. Lover of his hyungs and most of all ARMY. Jungkook WILL be our singer forever
Sehun-a best on October 09, 2018:
WE LOVE U SO MUCH.
STAY HAPPY, ADORABLE,CUTIE,KIND,NICE,AMAZING MAKNAE TO EXO AND AERIES,AND ALSO HANDSOME MAKNAE.
-YouR happy cutie amazing fan
Bluestar on September 26, 2018:
True tho on September 23, 2018:
Jungkook is nothing without his hyungs
Ri an on September 17, 2018:
I love kookie
JEON JUNGKOOK 4 LIFE on September 08, 2018:
Jungkook is best maknae obvs but the others are epic too
kookie and tae with suga on September 06, 2018:
these r the ppl that can actually be called gods X3
Anna on September 05, 2018:
I.M BEST MAKNAE EVER ♥♥♥ LOVE OF ALL MY LIFE
SEHUN, SEUNGRI and REN ♥♥♥♥♥ I LOVE SOOOOOO MUCH!!! ALL THESE MAKNAES ARE THE CUTEST
I wanted this topic -10- to be:
But it's okay :3 for me the top ten -current- are on the same level ^^ No one wins
Leo on September 04, 2018:
Kookie is my favorite maknae
Wish Kookie on August 28, 2018:
Not sure Jungkook is younger than 14...I'm pretty positive that he is in his 20s
Jeon Jungkook love you on August 25, 2018:
OF COURSE JUNGKOOK
army on August 18, 2018:
i love bts jungkook
leavemychildrenalone on August 17, 2018:
oh sehun is one of the best maknae who gets babied by his hyungs, sanha doesnt get babied(more buliied) and yugyeom is... yugyeom but taeminnie too, i wish you could get more than one vote. Sungjong and sungjae killed me tho. poor maknaes
maryam on July 27, 2018:
love you bts and got7
Lady Esmeralda on July 26, 2018:
I adore SungJae of BTOB, he's the perfect maknae!
Ankita india on July 26, 2018:
SHINee's Taemin our best maknae
T-ARMY on July 21, 2018:
Some ARMYs really have to chill.I get that you love JK, infact I love him too, he’s my bias. But calling other members gay is really disrespectful and rude. Every single members works and practices and all their efforts are gone by ARMY. What you are doing is really disrespectful to the other maknaes and members.
Layla on July 18, 2018:
i love all K-Pop groups, this just helped me see new bands... All these boys are beautiful ahhh *mini heart attack* okay im good now still sad Kang Chan-hee isnt here
Alexa minanza on June 28, 2018:
BTS all members are best
Exol on June 22, 2018:
U dnt have any rights to kill me so many times oohsehun!!..U are driving me like a crazy rollercoaster ride ..u are living Greek god ..love u little chick ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Princy on June 18, 2018:
Love u Kookie
Farlia Aniesa on May 30, 2018:
Saranghae Jeon JungKookie
notredame on May 25, 2018:
Seungri would be the president of maknae club. He come so so far since his debut day. He almost rejected by YG, but now he might be one of YG's biggest asset. He is CEO of at least 3 companies, he befriend world class musician like Steve Aoki and Allan Walker. And even make colab with them. He is good in variety shows and slaying the language skills (he speak 4 language). And his friends and connections scattered around the world. And he did all these things before he's 28 yo. its unbelievable.
Give him a few years, he might be one of influental figure in kpop.
PARK MARK KOOK on May 23, 2018:
JK is always the best.
Bunny on May 17, 2018:
Monisha on May 16, 2018:
Love u Kookie.
HI on May 16, 2018:
Kim on May 16, 2018:
Jungkook oppa is the best
maryjane on May 10, 2018:
i love jungkook
Norshakila bts ramlie on May 02, 2018:
Its daebak. I hope i can see and meet bts in front my eyes...Saranghae oppa ya
Golden Maknae on May 01, 2018:
GOLDEN MAKNAE IS THE BEST!
Ly_A_MonstaX-MonBebe on April 28, 2018:
I.M I love you The macknae with a deep voice. He is in the classement Amazing!!!! He is 7 Double-Amazing!!!!
EXO legend on April 27, 2018:
Sehuniie your the best
exo-l we are one on April 21, 2018:
army needs to chill. show some respect for other groups. i love jungkook too but calling other idols gay is plain rude
Suga on April 18, 2018:
I LOVE U JUNKOOK
Jungkookie on April 11, 2018:
Oh kookie u r so handsome , i am in love with u
I CAME HERE FOR JUNGKOOK OPPA on April 09, 2018:
Sitty kookie on April 09, 2018:
Jungkoom is my forever maknae or hyung
Prithibee on April 05, 2018:
Jungkook (oppa in mind) Fighting!!!
kookie on March 31, 2018:
I LOVE U KOOKIE
Exo india on March 31, 2018:
Army is being so rude.You shouldn't disrespect any other idol like that and why BTS is first in all the list.Show some justice
jungkookie on March 28, 2018: