Ma-re is a certified K-drama and K-pop enthusiast. She always likes to discover something new about the wide world of Korean entertainment.
Among the many K-Pop bands of the 2010s, these are the most popular and most successful boy groups. Meet the members and their position in the group, learn their stories, and find out their achievements and contributions to the K-Pop industry.
Best K-Pop Boy Groups of 2017 and 2018
- Big Bang
- Monsta X
BTS, also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단) or Bangtan Boys, is the hottest name in the K-Pop industry after their recent international recognition on Billboard Music Awards as the Top Social Artist of the Year, breaking Justin Bieber's 4 years of consecutive wins. The group is also the first K-Pop group to be nominated for Billboard Music Awards. Their nomination as the Top Social Artist boosted their popularity not only in Asia but also around the world. The group is composed of 7 handsome, talented, and passionate members, with Rap Monster as their leader. Since their debut on June 13, 2013, the group has earned so many awards and nominations that they've become one of the most successful boy bands in K-Pop history.
Members & Position:
- Rap Monster (real name: Kim Nam-joon) - Leader, Main Rapper
- Jin (real name: Kim Seok-jin) - Vocalist, Visual
- Suga (real name: Min Yoon-gi) - Lead Rapper
- J-hope (real name: Jung Ho-seok) - Lead Rapper, Main Dancer
- Jimin (real name: Park Ji-min) - Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer
- V (real name: Kim Taehyung) - Vocalist
- Jungkook (real name: Jeon Jung-kook) - Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub Rapper, Center/ Face of the Group, Golden Maknae
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- A year after their debut, BTS received major bonsang awards for their albums Dark & Wild and The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1.
- The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Part 2 charted at #1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart and remained there for multiple weeks, making BTS the first K-pop act to achieve such record.
- The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever brought them the Album of the Year award at the 2016 Melon Music Awards, which was their first daesang since their debut.
- Pre-orders for their album Wings reached over 500,000 copies within the first week.
- BTS achieved an "all-kill" on the South Korean music charts with the song, Blood, Sweat and Tears.
- Within 24 hours of "Blood Sweat & Tears" MV being posted on YouTube, it reached over 6 million views. This broke the previous record on YouTube for the highest number of views on a K-pop group music video within 24 hours.
- "Wings" managed to make it to the U.K. Official Albums Charts, making history as the first Korean act to do so.
- The same album also marked them as the first K-pop act to log three entries on the Billboard 200. A few days later, it was revealed that BTS had topped the World Albums Chart, World Digital Songs Chart and Social 50 Chart for week of October 29. They also charted on YouTube Music Global Top 100 – 17th on the video chart, 6th on the artist chart and 14th on the tracks chart.
- The song "Spring Day" achieved an all-kill on 8 of the major South Korean online music charts, having crashed the Melon digital chart upon its initial release due to traffic overload.
- When the MV of "Spring Day" was released, it reached over 9 million views within 24 hours. This made them broke their own record for the highest views of a K-Pop music video within 24 hours.
- However, the new record was broken a week later after they released the music video for "Not Today", which accumulated over 10 million views in said time span.
- In 2016, the group were met with a series of endorsements, including being selected as the face of SK Telecom, 'BBQ Chicken', and 'Smart Uniform'. That year, they topped the 'Boy Group Brand Power Ranking', published by the Korean Corporate Reputation Research.
"Don't be trapped in someone else's dream."
— V of BTS
EXO (엑소) a K-Pop group which debuted with a total blast on 2012, is composed of South Korean and Chinese members under S.M. Entertainment. They originally debuted with 12 members, and were separated into 2 sub-groups, the EXO-K and EXO-M. Exo's extravagant debut made them the best-selling Korean artist in the history of K music in 12 years.
Members & Position:
- Suho (real name: Kim Jun Myun) - Leader, Lead Vocalist
- Xiumin (real name: Kim Min Seok) - Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
- Lay (real name: Zhang Jiashuai) - Main Dancer, Vocalist
- Baekhyun (real name: Byun Baek Hyun) - Main Vocalist
- Chen (real name: Kim Jong Dae) - Main Vocalist
- Chanyeol (real name: Park Chan Yeol) - Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
- D.O (real name: Do Kyung Soo) - Main Vocalist
- Kai (real name: Kim Jong In) - Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper, Visual, Face of the Group
- Sehun (real name: Oh Se Hun) - Lead Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Visual, Maknae
Former Members: Kris, Luhan, Tao
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- EXO's first album, XOXO, which contained their breakthrough hit "Growl", was a critical and commercial success.
- The album brought them two prestigious awards of 2013: Disk Daesang at the 28th Golden Disk Awards and Album of the Year at the 15th Mnet Asian Music Awards.
- EXO ranked first in the most influential celebrity category by Forbes Korea Power Celebrity for the year 2014 and 2015.
- The members of EXO-K became goodwill ambassadors for South Korea's Red Cross Youth in December 2012.
"Even though the language is different, the music is the same."
— Kai of EXO
3. Big Bang
Big Bang (빅뱅), an internationally-known K-Pop group since 2006, is undoubtedly one of the most successful acts in the Korean music industry. Formed under YG Entertainment, the group has five members who the world knows for their outstanding contribution to K-Pop history and for inspiring several younger K-Pop artists. Labeled as the "Kings of K-pop" and the "Nation's Boy Band," The Washington Post described them as "the biggest band in Asia" and the Hollywood Reporter described them as "the biggest boy band in the world."
Members & Positions:
- G Dragon (real name: Kwon Ji Yong) - Leader, Main Rapper, Vocalist, Face of the Group
- Taeyang (real name: Dong Yong Bae) - Main Vocalist, Main Dancer
- TOP (real name: Choi Seung-hyun) - Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
- Daesung (real name: Kang Daesung) - Lead Vocalist
Seungri (real name: Lee Seung Hyun; Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae) left the group in 2019.
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- Big Bang officially debuted on August 19, 2006.
- Their #1 song, "Lies" went on to top major Korean music charts for a record-breaking seven consecutive weeks, and won Song of the Year at the 9th Mnet Korean Music Festival.
- They won the Artist of the Year award from the 2008 Mnet Korean Music Festival.
- Their huge commercial popularity gained them international recognition which made their two world tours a massive successes.
- Big Bang were the first Korean hip-hop mainstream idols, being credited for the genre spreading throughout the world as a representative of the Hallyu Wave.
- The Korea Times called them "the icons of K-Pop music."
- Big Bang's leader, G Dragon, is also famous for being a fashion icon.
“If you are having fun through our music, I’m more than happy”
— G Dragon
Got7 is another hot K-Pop boy group which debuted in 2014. Since debut, their colorful and bombastic image gained attraction to many, especially their stage performances which includes martial arts kicking and b-boy, which later become the signature style of the group. They are under JYP Entertainment.
Members & Positions:
- JB (real name: Im Jae Bum) - Leader, Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Face of the Group/Center
- Mark (real name: Mark Yi En Tuan) - Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
- Jackson (real name: Wang Ka Yee) - Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
- Jr / Jinyoung (real name: Park Jin Young) - Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Rapper
- Youngjae (real name: Choi Young Jae) - Main Vocalist
- BamBam (real name: Kunpimook Bhuwakul) - Lead Rapper, Vocalist
- Yugyeom (real name: Kim Yu Gyeom) - Main Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- Got7 was JYP's first boy group since the debut of 2PM in 2008.
- The group debuted in January 2014 with the release of their first EP Got It?, which peaked at #2 on the Gaon Album Chart and #1 on Billboard's World Albums Chart.
- Their most commercially successful single, "Just Right", reached 100 million views on YouTube, making Got7 the first JYP Entertainment boy group to achieve this milestone.
- Their first full length album, Identify, topped Gaon's Weekly Album Sales Chart in its first week and "Stop Stop It" peaked at #4 on Billboard's World Digital Songs chart.
- On March 13 2017, the third album of the Flight Log series, Flight Log: Arrival, was released. The album sold 220,000 copies in pre-orders alone.
- They won the Best Worldwide Act (Korea) in the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards and the Bonsang Award for the album Flight Log: Turbulence, at the 2017 Seoul Music Awards.
Don't let the sadness of your past and the fear of your future ruin your present.
— JB of Got7
SHINee (샤이니) is a popular K-Pop boy group debuted in 2008. Even before their debut, the label company, SM Entertainment, introduced an upcoming contemporary R&B boy group with its goal to be "trendsetters in all areas of music, fashion and dance." The name "Shinee" is a new coined word and explained as a combination of shine (meaning light), and the suffix -ee, therefore meaning "one who receives the light." Through their journey in K-Pop music, they never failed to make the Shawols proud with their passionate performances.
Members & Position:
- Onew (real name: Lee Jin-ki) - Leader, Lead Vocalist
- Key (real name: Kim Ki-bum) - Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
- Minho (real name: Choi Min-ho) - Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual, Face of The Group
- Taemin (real name: Lee Tae-min) - Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Maknae
Jonghyun (real name: Kim Jong-hyun; Main Vocalist) died in 2017; his last solo album was released in 2018.
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- Shinee is known as one of the best live vocalists and dancers in K-Pop.
- They were awarded the Best Dance Performance Award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards three times in a row for their dance performances to "Sherlock", "Dream Girl" and "View".
- The boys gained attention for starting a cool fashion trend, an attractive "boyish charm" which inspires students, known as "Shinee Trend."
- Their hit song, "Ring Ding Dong" charted on top of several Korean music charts and gained popularity all over Asia.
- "Lucifer" was nominated for the Best Dance Performance Award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in 2010 for its outstanding choreography.
- Their Japanese version of their single "Replay" sold over 100,000 copies, the highest number of sales for a Japanese debut single recorded by Oricon for a South Korean group at the time.
- On August 9, 2011, Shinee and their label mates f(x) and Girls' Generation, took part in an effort to help African children.
"Cry out loud once. Look at the mirror & shake it off. I've cried like that before & others will have times like that too. Cheer up. You're not alone."
— Jonghyun of SHINee
Seventeen (세븐틴) is a 13-member boy group under Pledis Entertainment. The group is known for their sweet and youthful image, their visuals, and their powerful performances. The members are proud to be deeply involved in the composition of their music and dance moves, and are in fact, divided into three sub-units: hip-hop unit, vocal unit, and performance unit. Since their debut in 2015, they have released one studio album and four extended plays, and they have already achieved numerous awards for their great music.
SEVENTEEN's Hip-Hop Unit Has 4 members:
- S.Coups (real name: Choi Seung-cheol) - Leader, Hip Hop Team Leader, Main Rapper
- Wonwoo (real name: Jeon Won-woo) - Lead Rapper
- Mingyu (real name: Kim Min-gyu) - Lead Rapper, Face of the Group
- Vernon (real name: Han-sol Vernon Choi) - Main Rapper
Their Vocal Unit Members:
- Woozi (real name: was born Lee Ji-hoon) - Vocal Team Leader, Lead Vocalist
- Jeonghan (real name: Yoon Jeong-han) - Vocalist
- Joshua (real name: Joshua Ji-soo Hong) - Vocalist
- DK / Do-kyeom (real name: Lee Seok-min) - Main Vocalist
- Seungkwan (real name: Boo Seung-kwan) - Main Vocalist
Their Performance Unit has 4 members:
- Hoshi (real name: Kwon Soon-young) - Performance Team Leader, Main Dancer, Sub Vocalist
- Jun (real name: Wen Jun-hui) - Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist
- The8 (real name: Xu Ming-hao) - Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist
- Dino (real name: Lee Chan) - Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Maknae
Awards, fun facts and trivia:
- SEVENTEEN debuted on May 26, 2015.
- Their EP album, Boys Be, debuted at number one on Billboard's World Albums Chart, and together with their hit-song, "Mansae", it become the highest selling rookie album of 2015.
- The same album earned the group awards at the Golden Disk Awards, Seoul Music Awards and Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards.
- SEVENTEEN was the only K-pop group on Billboard's "21 Under 21 2015: Music's Hottest Young Stars" list.
- SEVENTEEN is the first ever Korean models for the American perfume brand, Clean. Their young, fresh, and youthful group image made them the best choice as the new faces of the product.
- Their fan club name is Carat.
"I once saw Seokmin do vocal exercises in his sleep."
— Mingyu of SEVENTEEN
ASTRO (아스트로) is a newly-formed K-Pop boy group under Fantagio Entertainment's rookie talent program called iTeen. The group is composed of six handsome members who are incredibly talented and charming. Their successful debut mini album, Spring Up, made them one of the best rookie K-Pop groups of 2016.
- JinJin (real name: Park Jin-woo) - Leader, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer
- MJ (real name: Kim Myung-jun) - Main Vocalist
- Cha Eunwoo (real name: Lee Dong-min) - Vocalist, Visual
- Moon Bin (real name: Moon Bin) - Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
- Rocky (real name: Park Min-hyuk) - Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
- Sanha (real name: Yoon Sanha) - Lead Vocalist, Maknae
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- ASTRO debuted on February 23, 2016 with their song, "Hide & Seek".
- Their debut mini album, Spring Up is a big success, which peaked at #6 on the Billboard World Albums Chart in the US.
- Spring Up also made it to #4 on Gaon Music Chart.
- On December 21, 2016, Billboard named ASTRO as one of the best new K-Pop groups of 2016.
- Their second mini album, Summer Vibes, was launched on July 1. It landed at #6 on the Billboard World Albums Chart, the highest-charting K-pop album for that week.
- The song "Breathless" landed at #21 on the Billboard World Digital Songs Chart.
- They also performed at Staples Center in Los Angeles on July 31 for KCON 2016.
- Their official fan club name, AROHA, is an abbreviation for ASTRO Hearts All Fans.
Among many people/you and me in a fateful encounter/I thank you in the sky
— Eunwoo (Dream Night)
8. Monsta X
Monsta X (몬스타엑스) is a hip hop boy group formed by Starship Entertainment through the survival show No Mercy on Mnet in 2015. The group has charismatic and talented members lead by Shownu. Even before their debut in 2015, they were already known for their promising performances on the TV program. The group is a result of the program's chosen trainees. They held a world tour, "The First World Tour: Monsta X Beautiful", from June to September, 2017.
- Shownu (real name: Son Hyun-woo) - leader, lead vocalist, main dancer
- Minhyuk (real name: Lee Min-hyuk) - vocalist
- Kihyun (real name: Yoo Ki-hyun) - main vocalist
- Hyungwon (real name: Chae Hyung-won) - vocalist
- Jooheon (real name: Lee Joo-heon) - main rapper
- IM (real name: Lim Chang-kyun) - lead rapper
Wonho (real name: Lee Ho-seok; vocalist, lead dancer) left the group in 2019.
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- Monsta X signed an endorsement deal with apparel brand Litmus before debut.
- At the 2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards, they performed their hit songs "Trespass" and "Hero" on the red carpet before receiving the "Next Generation Asian Artist" award.
- Top Star News revealed that Monsta X was #22 on the Top Selling Artists Year-End Chart 2015 while #18 on Male Artists category. Their songs, Rush, and Trespass, ranked #46 and #61 Trespass on Top Selling Albums Year-End Chart 2015.
- In 2015, they won the Best Rookie Award on JAPAKO Music.
- The also got the Rising Star Award at the 2015 Daum Official Fancafe Awards and the Zeni Star New Face Award in the same year.
We wish that someday, young people will say, 'I want to be like Monsta X.'
— Wonho of Monsta X
Infinite (인피니트) is a South Korean boy band formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment. The group is known for their handsome visuals, charming voices, and cute yet hot performances. The members are not only known for being K-Pop artists, but also for being terrific actors. Their mini-album New Challenge, released in March 2013, sold over 160,000 copies in South Korea alone and was one of the best-selling albums of 2013.
- Sunggyu (real name: Kim Sung Gyu) - Leader, Main Vocalist
- Dongwoo (real name: Jang Dong Woo) - Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
- Woohyun (real name: Nam Woo Hyun) - Main Vocalist
- Sungyeol (real name: Lee Seong Yeol) - Vocalist
- L (real name: Kim Myung Soo) - Vocalist, Visual, Face of the Group
- Sungjong (real name: Lee Sung Jong) - Vocalist, Maknae
Hoya (real name: Lee Ho Won; Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist) left the group in 2017.
Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- Infinite debuted on June 9, 2010 with their first mini album, First Invasion, with the singles "Come Back Again" and "She's Back".
- The group received a "Double Crown" for winning two consecutive #1 places at M! Countdown with their song, "Be Mine".
- At the end of 2012, Billboard named Infinite's song, "The Chaser", as the number one K-Pop song of the year.
- The group's third mini album was INFINITIZE, which was awarded a Triple Crown for winning #1 in a week at all Music Programs.
- On September 11 2014, Infinite had their first Billboard #1 with their single, "Last Romeo", topping the Billboard Twitter Emerging Artists chart and becoming the first Korean act to do so. The song also hit #33 on Billboard Twitter Top Tracks.
Whenever someone makes snide remarks about me, it brings out my competitive side.
— L of Infinite
NCT (엔시티) is a short term for Neo Culture Technology; the group is described as having an unlimited number of members. Making the dreams possible to many dreamers around the world, the members are limitless and are promoted in many different sub-units. The main sub-units include: NCT U, NCT 127 and NCT Dream. They are under SM Entertainment.
NCT Awards, fun facts, and trivia:
- The first unit of NCT, NCT U, was introduced on April 4, 2016 with six members.
- On July 1, 2016 S.M. Entertainment announced NCT's second unit, NCT 127. NCT 127 is based in Seoul, with the number 127 representing the longitudinal coordinates of Seoul.
- On August 18, 2016, the company announced that NCT's third unit would be called NCT Dream.
- NCT 127 received "Best Newcomer" awards from the Mnet Asian Music Awards, the Golden Disk Awards and the 2016 Seoul Music Awards.
- On February 14, 2017, NCT Dream won 1st place on the 100th episode of SBS MTV's The Show. This marks the first ever music show win for a NCT unit.
- NCT Dream was chosen as the official ambassador for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea.
Our wildest dreams are to be the best of nothing.
— Lee Taeyong of NCT U
Express your thoughts about the top 10 best K-Pop boy groups of 2017 and 2018 by leaving a comment below!
Questions & Answers
Question: Is it true that BTS will disband in 2019 or 2020?
Answer: There is no confirmation about that yet, and it is likely impossible for them to disband too soon, seeing how they have become successful. But assuming that the boys will have to go into the military service, then, the seven members of BTS will not be present when they go on tours or concerts. Let's wait for Big Hit's further announcements.
Question: Who is the most popular member in EXO?
Answer: I believe all of our beautiful EXO boys are popular in their own ways, like being an actor or dancer. But I noticed that Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sehun's popularity stand out.
Question: When did BTS become popular?
Answer: BTS rose into popularity with their hit songs and chart-topping music, but they reached ultimate fame after winning Billboard's Social Artist Award.
Question: Why isn't Wanna One on this list?
Answer: Wanna One isn't on this list because I wrote it before Wanna One debuted in the second half of 2017.
Question: Was Got7 really in Dream Knight?
Answer: Yes they are!
Question: Who is the leader of BTS?
Answer: The leader of BTS is Rap Monster (Kim Namjoon).
Question: What is the most famous K-Pop song?
Answer: That would be PSY's Gangnam Style!
Question: Why is EXO not in the list of most followed twitter accounts?
Answer: Hello. As of now, EXO has 2.41 million followers, and the 10th most followed K-pop account is Got7, with 4.7 million followers.
Question: Who is the most followed K-pop member on twitter?
Answer: As of now, the top 5 K-pop artists with the most followers are: 1. BTS (12.2 million), G-Dragon (9.3 million), SuJu Choi Siwon (6.3 million), Super Junior (5 million), and Sandara Park (4.9 million). As for the top 5 K-pop groups, we have: 1. BTS, 2. Super Junior, 3. Got7 (4.5 million), 4. Girls' Generation (3 million), and 5. Seventeen (2.8 million). Please take note that statistics can change at any moment.
Question: Is Big Bang successful?
Answer: Yes, Big Bang is one of the most successful K-Pop groups of all time. Their 2017 tour, "Last Dance" is a huge success, with over 766,000 attendees in Japan and South Korea!
© 2017 Mare-sensei
ASTRO forever on May 26, 2020:
ASTRO is my type. and my sister likes txt an bts but i do not like them.so i am not trying to be mean but it is okay if you like them.
Riya on May 18, 2020:
BTS is the best...
BTS FOREVER on February 22, 2020:
BTS FOREVER IN MY HEART❤
Got7 on February 15, 2020:
Forever Got7 and Ahgase always forever
Ava on January 20, 2020:
osnat on November 21, 2019:
BTS' BTS' BTS' BTS
Hyun jin on October 31, 2019:
You are my favourite
lisa on October 10, 2019:
i love all the groups~ but bts is my favorit :)
but i think shinee isnt shinee without junghyung :(...
BTS on October 06, 2019:
BTS are everything
Mary Magdel on September 26, 2019:
Monsta x really touch me
Your wish is my wish
I really wish your dreams or wish comes true
Kenuli on September 08, 2019:
I love BTS. Specially, J-Hope. I'm your biggest Sri Lankan fan.
Nandini pundhir on August 09, 2019:
V i am your biggest indian fan
ASTRO on July 09, 2019:
EXO LOVER 900000 on July 03, 2019:
Exo is the best but SM is the worst.
Extol on June 09, 2019:
Exo is the best ❤️❤️
Army bts on May 26, 2019:
BTS FOREVER ❤️✨
Kaltham on May 26, 2019:
I love BTS ARMY Forever my bias is KIM SEOKJIN/Jin lets see how many army's are there
jexcsa on May 20, 2019:
BTS is just famous, a fandom full of bandwagons
mary on May 13, 2019:
love bts forever
lydia on May 06, 2019:
I HAVE A DREAM WHEN PEOPLE WILL START GIVING STRAY KIDS ALL THE ATTENTION THEY DESERVE.
Okay buddy really? on April 28, 2019:
Where ikon at?
hk on April 21, 2019:
MDC124320 on April 11, 2019:
Hi,Im new but the thing is I have listened to all of those boy groups songs even their solo albums but I can't choose just one they are all great so if u can like one why not all. Cuz if we choose on we will show favoritism to one group but no all of them so i like them all they r all good. The thing is GOT7 got split up they were forced to so sad :( :( :(
STU det on April 10, 2019:
victoria on April 07, 2019:
Bts on April 05, 2019:
BTS FOREVER. Junkook is the best. Bts will be always at the top 1 . We all support for bts because they are becoming world famous and all bts members love army
aeri on March 09, 2019:
EXO is the best
ahgase on February 26, 2019:
its Wang Jia Er not Ka Yee
BTS-LOVER on February 25, 2019:
I love BTS soo much.My bias is Min Yoongi/Suga
Yo on February 15, 2019:
rosa on February 07, 2019:
i love bts jimin bais
XoXo on February 05, 2019:
Seventeen Hoshi, Jeonghan and Joshua are Lead Vocalists.
yasoo on February 02, 2019:
YEAH!! BTS always n1 but there is something wrong...... V is the face of the group not jungkook but yeah whatever they all handsome
Exo-Love on December 30, 2018:
I respect all the groups but EXO will forever be my no.1. We ARE ONE
alisia on December 28, 2018:
seventeen is my favorite boy group they has the best song just like girls group T-ara , and blackpink
Jungkook on December 22, 2018:
I love bts they gave me life when I first heard there music my favorite songs are:
Boy in love
And so many more so I would recommend them go check them out
letsgetcurliing on December 18, 2018:
I became a kpop fan at the time BTS was very popular but I don't know what went wrong with me but I became an EXO-L.
But I don't have any regrets, I'll be an Exo-l forever.
Morgan on December 16, 2018:
I wish Monsta X was more popular! They are such great human beings and I love their music. They were the 2nd group that I ever got into (after Got7). Ugh, they deserve so much!
Meh on December 15, 2018:
Got 7 deserves more.. way more they r soo talented
Seventeen on December 15, 2018:
Karishma samreen on December 12, 2018:
Shinee nd BTS forever
Love you guys.fighting!!
Niha on December 11, 2018:
Wait what bts 1 rank it should be exo not bts
Idk on December 06, 2018:
I’m seeing many people saying why a certain group of their choice isn’t here, even though I haven’t written the list I can tell you this much. It’s based on popularity, awards won, and albums sold. Not based on bias or vocals or dancing.
email@example.com on December 04, 2018:
I'm into 43 kpop groups but BTS has always been my fav!!!!
Chim kills me!!
Vip on November 28, 2018:
Lol it say 2017 and 2018 but Big Bang doesn't have any comeback in that and still slaying
Elsa on November 23, 2018:
V is also the visual of BTS and he is the face of the group.
Cherry on November 15, 2018:
I like A-JAX the more! Why is that group underrated!!!
regine on November 14, 2018:
Naruto uzumaki on November 09, 2018:
WINNER where are they?????
Raksha on November 05, 2018:
BTS is the best for me ,but all kpop idols are talented and the best ....All the best for all
lol on November 03, 2018:
umm ok so for BTS i don't understand... V is a visual, a vocalist and a dancer? maybe when this article came out he hadn't been added to the dance line yet but he was already definitely a visual, and putting jin as a visual makes no sense seeing as V is one also. and also V just looks pathetic with one role right above JK
got7 on October 29, 2018:
i cant believe the results
K-Blossom512101 on October 26, 2018:
I really love all the groups they are all a big part of my life but it is Stray Kids that really changed my life and me....
exo-l on October 24, 2018:
just wait for exo to make their comeback n this list is gonna change...
Btsss on October 23, 2018:
97kookJKbts on October 15, 2018:
Plz dont hate on BTS it hurts ARMYS and BTS too. Have your ever thought of how you would feel if someone said "i hate SEVENTEEN or i hate EXO, this kpop group is better than this kpop group." AND BTS COMPLETELY MADE A SONG ABOUT YOU HATERS. so dont go around saying i hate bts. And of course i know that their many more haters out there but im just saying.
Lia Young from India on October 13, 2018:
NCT are the best... #NCT-FOREVER
zajebisty gdragon on October 08, 2018:
nirsita on October 03, 2018:
love exo and bts
adiksaBTS on September 23, 2018:
I love bts for they made me realize about my life.
NctzenInDaHOUSe on September 14, 2018:
Nct is like the next big group
CANSU on September 12, 2018:
where is WINNER ?
BTS on September 06, 2018:
BTS FOREVER even tho all the bands are amazing!!!!!
V on September 06, 2018:
Hello, where is pentagon?
No name on September 04, 2018:
Charm Xyrrenne Halunajan Jeon on September 02, 2018:
BTS is the best for me,but all kpop idols are talented and the best
jjd12345 on September 02, 2018:
NCT is my bias I love most of their songs and most of their members are very good looking but I am open to discovering new kpop boy bands. I like good looking boy bands and I also like it when they have foreign member. Idk why lol
San Gurung on September 02, 2018:
love exo ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Mai on August 28, 2018:
ARMY,,MONBEBE,,NCTZEN. on August 28, 2018:
I definitely love bts not because of their visuals but because of their creativity, personality and dedication. They honestly deserve number 1.
For Monsta X And Nct I only started stanning them couple weeks ago but I honestly love them. Monsta X has a special bond that most kpop group don't have and Nct are talented asf they need more attention. Same goes for Monsta X. I also like Wanna One but I can't stan them because they will disband soon sigh, I really like Ong Seongwoo from Wanna One like he's so funny and cute. I also like Got7 too.And for the people who keep saying Armys are annoying stfu because they can comment whatever they want like every other damn fandom. Have A Good Day.
malka on August 28, 2018:
Bts is the best but the other also love all the band
wannnaoneforever on August 26, 2018:
wanna one is my bias so im obviously gonna say that they deserve number 1 but i stan most of the groups here so
ikon lover on August 25, 2018:
i need ikon to be in this list. Loke love scenario was kid's anthem and there having a world tour which is already sold out. And also, their latest comeback "killing me" hit no. 2 at billboard music charts
Mia young Lee on August 20, 2018:
No matter what others say, NCT 127 WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST.
Dishhhh on August 14, 2018:
I belong to multi fandom I listen every grps songs I see every grps interview bt there is something about exo which makes them different with other grps I don't know why that's why exo comes always 1 on my fav grps
T.U on August 12, 2018:
I. Love. EXO-K.
MonikaOberai on August 11, 2018:
Why people consider BTS better than Exo? Mine fav. Is EXO.
Anshika sajeev on August 11, 2018:
I love BTS
Love on August 07, 2018:
Personally I. Love all the bands
Gayani handunge on August 03, 2018:
Shinee 4 ever
Celbam1a on August 02, 2018:
I LOVE ALL OF THE GROUPS! FIGHTING!
Zualtei on July 31, 2018:
Yay! Shinee c'mon♡
Shwe Yee's DNA on July 31, 2018:
Yes! BTS is the best
Jungshook on July 28, 2018:
Bts forever from the beginning and for eternity ARMY!!!!
Lady Esmeralda on July 26, 2018:
BTOB is may fave K-Pop!
Rovinya on July 25, 2018:
Infinite you are the best........ You are my life....... You are my favorite K pop group forever......♥♥♥♥
Miss Hope on July 24, 2018:
2ne1 was the only korean group that i stan. But when they got disbanded i quit kpop. But when i heard BTS songs and read the lyrics it saved my life from depression. I WAS SO HAPPY. So i'll support them no matter what.
Giselle on July 24, 2018:
This one is so much better than the 2018
ddudu on July 11, 2018:
well it's EXO for me.But I love wanna one , bts and seventeen too
Sinosphere003 on July 11, 2018:
I was sad when 2ne1 was disbanded. I was not a fan of kpop anymore. But BTS saved me from being lonely and I was a fan again..
BTS IS THE BEST !!!!
SJ15 Elf on July 07, 2018:
Super Junior tho who are doing way better than many groups you mentioned. + they are the Kings of the Korean wave, they're the ones who started hallyu , paved the way for all the older&younger groups and set most of the kpop trends.
Some K-pop lover on July 06, 2018:
I think they are all the best!
EXO L on July 05, 2018:
EXO my favorite group forever. I love you EXO pretty group boys
Nadoarmy on July 05, 2018:
How can y'all said that we (army) are being annoying with the statement that some army talking about 'BTS IS KING' and so on..
If you want to say that your fav is the king,then go on..Nobody disallow you to do that and one more thing..ofc we said that BTS IS KING or BTS IS THE BEST b'coz we are a FANS..That is what a FANS do (to praise their fav)
Its your choice really!!
exo lover india on July 05, 2018:
Love exo till the end,LOYAL EXO-L ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Rakshitha on July 05, 2018:
my life is BTS
Bren on July 05, 2018:
BTS, got7,Seventeen,Astro,Monsta X and NCT 2018 are my favs
Kalani Grassman on July 02, 2018:
Why is NCT so underrated? My boys rule!!
Alexa minanza on June 28, 2018:
Bts is no.1
Simran on June 26, 2018:
BTS m'y favorite group forever