5 Times Taylor Swift Had a Feud With Other Celebs
Who doesn’t know Taylor Swift? From her amazing song-writing skills and ex-boyfriends to her drama with other celebs, we know it all. With the media constantly making news about it and other social media platforms, it’s easy to find out what’s going on. Here are the five times Taylor Swift had a feud with other celebs!
1. Katy Perry
This is a very well-known drama that I’m sure most of the people know about it. For one thing, the song "Bad Blood" did come out of this feud! They used to be friends though until something happened. In fact, Taylor said happy birthday to Katy through twitter in 2009. So what happened between them? I mean, it used to be mad love. See what I did there? So, basically this is what happened.
- Taylor Swift dated John Mayer in 2010. Later on, Perry dated him in 2011. Perhaps, their relationship had been tense since then.
- Now, we’re talking. Their feud was believed to be over tour dancers. So, three of Taylor Swift’s dancers on Red Tour left to perform on Katy Perry’s Prismatic World Tour. During the interview with Rolling Stone in 2014, Taylor is quoted saying. “For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not. She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, 'Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?' [Then] she did something so horrible. I was like, 'Oh, we're just straight-up enemies.' And it wasn't even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And I'm surprisingly nonconfrontational—you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It's awkward, and I don't like it."
Though she never said the name, the hint is enough, right?
- Katy Perry then tweeted, "Watch out for Regina George in sheep's clothing."
- Two years passed and the song "Bad Blood" was released. It is widely believed to be about Katy Perry and Taylor Swift feud. Here, watch the MV if you haven’t!
Taylor Swift - Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- Katy Perry went on to twitter and threw some shades at her regarding a feud going on between Taylor and Nicky. "FInding it ironic to parade the pit women against women argument about as one unmeasurably capitalizes on the take down of a woman..." More about it later on.
- Katy Perry released a perfume called Mad Love – you know the line, “You know it used to be mad love.” In "Bad Blood"?
- Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift broke up. It’s all cool and okay until Taylor’s reps confirmed that This is What You Came For is co-written with Taylor Swift. Then, Calvin Harris took it out on Twitter:
It confirmed our speculation. There’s a feud going on between Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.
- That same afternoon, Katy Perry tweeted – possibly a shade to Taylor, "Time, the ultimate truth teller."
- One fan asked Katy Perry whether she will do collaboration with Taylor Swift. The answer? “If she says sorry, sure!”
- Katy kind of denied any possibility of her responding back to Taylor’s song with a disstrack of her own in an Intertainment Weekly Interview in May. “Well that's not my question to answer—if it's ["Bad Blood"] about me. I think [my new album is] a very empowered record. There is no one thing that's calling out any one person.”
- Katy Perry released Swish Swish. Possibly a response to Bad Blood. It kind of sounds like “Swift Swift”? There’s also a picture of Katy Perry holding the picture of a receipt that reads “KARMA COFFEE AND TEA” as her Witness album art. Funny when she said she will not have a response song to Bad Blood.
Katy Perry - Swish Swish ft. Nicky Minaj
- In May 2017, during a The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special, Katy Perry is quoted saying, “There's a situation. She started it, and it's time for her to finish it." Well, we’re ready for this feud to end as well.
- Taylor has not responded. A source told US Weekly that she wants no part of it.
- Now, this is a funny coincidence – Taylor decided to return her extensive music catalog to streaming services, including Spotify, at midnight on June 9 as a thank you for her fans because 1989 album managed to sell over 10 million copies. What’s funny is Katy’s newest album, Witness, was scheduled to drop on the same time. Weird timing right? For those who don’t know, before 1989 was released, Taylor removed all her music from streaming sites because she thought it was unfair for artists. She wrote an open letter to Apple Music and they changed their policy. Taylor changed her mind and Apple Music was the only place we could stream her music . . . up until this happened.
- Katy Perry claimed that she is ready to end the feud in an interview with Thrive Global's Arianna Huffington in June 10, 2017. “I forgive her and I'm sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her. I think it's actually like, I think it's time. There are bigger fish to fry, and there are real problems in the world. You know what I'm saying?”
- She also changed the lyrics of her song Swish Swish from "Don't you come for me," changing it to "God bless you on your journey, oh baby girl." When asked if it’s about Taylor swift, Katy waved if off by saying, “It’s not about anyone in particular.”
- We are yet to hear a response from Taylor however. So is it the end of the feud?
Whose side are you on? I personally think that it’s fine as long as they poured it to into creativity such as writing songs and such. I mean, people disagree with one another sometimes.
2. Demi Lovato
Demi Lovato is a popular singer which started her career way back in Barney & Friends. I’m pretty sure no one is really surprised that she made it to the list. She is known for calling out on Taylor Swift. What’s weird is no one seems to know where it stems from. We all know they don’t really like each other . . . but why?
Okay, first of all, is it because of Selena Gomez? For those who don’t know, they both used to be best friends. What ended it? Perhaps the Justin Bieber drama ended it or it’s just one of those things where people grew apart. Well, we don’t know for sure. Now, whose Selena’s other bestie? Right, none other than Taylor Swift. Another reason why they might not like each other is because they both dated Joe Jonas. Exes don’t like each other.
While Taylor Swift stayed quiet, Demi Lovato jumped on any chance she can to diss Taylor Swift. Like Demi stated several times, she isn't afraid to say her what's on her mind.
- When the news about Taylor Swift donating $250,000 to Kesha came out, Demi started to rant on Twitter. Wait, isn’t it a good thing to help by donating? According to Demi, it’s not. "Take something to Capitol Hill or actually speak out about something and then I'll be impressed," She tweeted. After receiving backlashes from people, she tweeted, “How the f--k am I making this about myself? At least I'm talking about it. Not everyone has 250k to just give to people. Would love to but I didn't grow up with money and def haven't made as much as her. At least I speak up about s--t that's uncomfortable to talk about rather than trying to be politically correct 24/7."
What do you think? Your opinion?
- Demi is all about being proud of your body. "I think in certain situations, certain people could be doing more if they're going to claim that as part of their brand. To be honest, and this will probably get me in trouble, I don't see anybody in any sort of squad that has a normal body. It's kind of this false image of what people should look like. And what they should be like, and it's not real." She said in Glamour. But wait, isn’t she body shaming people as well? What if some people are naturally born with skinny body?
So, what do you think of their feud?
3. Nicky Minaj
Nicky Minaj is a famous rapper who sang huge hits like Anaconda and Super Bass. When Minaj found out that she was left out of the MTV Video Music Awards Nominations for Video of the Year, she’s not happy about it. Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood is of course, nominated.
She took it out on Twitter by posting a series of tweets about how hard it is for a non-white/pop artist to make it big. When Minaj tweeted, “if your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year," Taylor immediately assumed that Minaj was talking about her and quickly fired back.
“I’ve done nothing but love & support you. It’s unlike you to pit women against each other. Maybe one of the men took your slot..” Taylor tweeted. Minaj was, of course, confused because she was tweeting about racism in the industry, not her.
"I'm still confused as to why u just tweeted me when I made it abundantly clear..." said Nicky on Twitter.
Thankfully, they cleared up her misunderstanding through phone. Taylor then posted an apology on Twitter. "I thought I was being called out. I missed the point, I misunderstood, then I misspoke. I'm sorry, Nicky."
There is no bad blood between them. Later on at the VMAs, Minaj and Swift performed together. They sang Minaj’s “The Night is Still Young” and Swift’s “Bad Blood.” It’s nice to see it ends nicely.
4. Kim Kardashian
Taylor Swift’s feud with Kim K and her husband, Kanye West is probably the most popular one out of all. This is the feud which Taylor earned her infamous nickname, snake.
You know the controversial video, Famous by Kanye West? The MV included a nude wax of Taylor Swift next to Kanye’s nude wax on a bed. The song lyrics that made Taylor furious was, (I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that bitch famous.)
Kim K quickly came to her husband’s defense by calling out on Taylor Swift in July GQ Cover Story, "She totally knew that that was coming out. She wanted to all of a sudden act like she didn't. I swear, my husband gets so much shit for things [when] he really was doing proper protocol and even called to get it approved..." she says. Then the kicker: they recorded that phone call where Swift gave her blessing.
Swift's team sent an attorney's letter like, 'Don't you dare do anything with that footage,' and asking us to destroy it."
Kim K did release the footage a month later on Snapchat after tweeting that Taylor is a snake which made #KimExposedTaylorParty a trending topic.
Phone Call Footage
Swift then posted an explanation on Instagram.
"Where is the video of Kanye telling me he was going to call me 'that bitch' in his song? It doesn't exist because it never happened. You don't get to control someone's emotional response to being called 'that b---h' in front of the entire world."
"Of course I wanted to like the song. I wanted to believe Kanye when he told me that I would love the song. I wanted us to have a friendly relationship. He promised to play the song for me, but he never did. Being falsely painted as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination," she ended. "I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2009."
5. Kanye West
Kanye West is a rapper and Kim Kardashian's husband.
Kanye and Taylor’s feud goes way back in 2009 when Taylor won the Best Music Video for “You Belong With Me” at the VMAs. She went up to the stage and had barely even started her speech when Kanye West interrupted her. “Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best music videos of all time, one of the best music videos of all time."
Kanye West Interrupts Taylor Swift
Taylor was surprised. I mean, who wouldn’t? She stood there, speechless.
The entire world sided with Swift, sympathizing with her. Beyonce and Taylor reportedly cried at the backstage together. When Beyonce won the Best Video of the Year, she called Swift upstage and let her finish her speech – which is so sweet of her.
Later on The Tonight Show, Kanye made an apology, “I'm just ashamed my hurt caused someone else's hurt. I don't try to justify it because I was just in the wrong. I need to, after this, just take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life. How I'm going to improve...."
However in November, Kanye took back his apology in a Minnesota KDWB radio interview. He claimed that the incident he caused at the VMAs was a selfless act and Swift used the incident to her own advantage.
Things began to change in 2015. They were seen being friendly at the 2015 Grammys. In fact, Taylor told Vanity Fair in August, “We both reached a place where he would say really nice things about my music and what I've accomplished, and I could ask him how his kid’s doing.”
All was well. Taylor even joked about Kanye’s speech at the 2009 VMAs when presenting The Vanguard Award to him at the 2015 MTV VMAs. Taylor also posted a pic on Instagram and what is this pic about? Yup, it’s a pic of her posing with Kanye’s signature rose cubes.
Then Famous was released and Swift was not happy about it. Swift’s Grammy speech goes a little something like this, “There are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success."
Kanye responded with, “She said, 'Ooh, Kanye, I like that line. Then she won her award and said something completely different. She ain't cool no more. She had two seconds to be cool and she fucked it up."
Then the footage was released and the rest? You know it.
So there you go. Sometimes, people got caught up in dramas - especially celebs, avoiding it is more often impossible. Everyone makes mistakes and they grow as a person from their experiences. Taylor is no different from us - she is a human too, except well, she's a huge star. On the bright note, she might write songs about these right? Taylor Swift's songs are epic.